Monday, August 18, 2014

My amazing husband!

I’ve been called a pintrest wife, many times. But the funny thing is all the silly little lovey “pintresty” things I do. Help me a million times more then I’m sure it does for my husband. I want to talk about him cause that’s a dorky pintresty thing to do ;) My Husband is the perfect example of love. He has taught me so much about love. Between him and my little Ray, and the newest addition to my heart Gabriel. My heart is so full of love. I’d like to take some time to tell you all about the love I have for my amazing husband. Our story…
                We met right at the perfect time for both of us. It all started with short small-talk messages. We texted for about a month. Everyday I would wake up to a text from him. As soon as he got home from work I got another message and we talked till the around 1 or 2 am, till I could no longer keep my eyes open. About nothing but at the same time everything. He gave me that feeling of perfection again, that feeling my ex took from me. About a month after we met he drove 12 hours through the night right after work to see me. I know sweetest thing ever right?! I went to a concert with my best friend the night he was driving here. This was the first time I told her about him. I asked her for the biggest of favors. To watch my baby boy Ray, while I went on a date. She of course agreed excitedly.

                That next night I went on the best first date of my life! I spent 3 hours getting ready to meet this guy I had only talked to. (I think we skyped a few times first) I tried on outfit after outfit trying to look how he made me feel. BEAUTIFUL. I finally was happy with how I looked and took my sweet boy to My best friends house. Where I waited for my knight in uniform(he doesn’t like the whole knight in shinning armer thing, and he didn’t come in uniform but you get the point) to pick me up. Excited I waited talking about this guy. How he already made me feel better then I did through out my entire relationship with my ex-husband. He finally got there (yes he showed up late with excuses ;) )
                He got my door, just as a gentlemen should. I loved it! He made me feel so comfortable so at home.  We hit it off so fast. We skyped every Friday night and watched a movie. And so our date night tradition began. We fell further and further in love and began talking about getting married. Like as in a year or so. That febuary I decided I needed to make the trip to him after all he traveled to me for months. He had all these plans we were going to hike and go to universal etc. during our 3 day weekend together, it also gave little Ray some bonding time with this new man in my life. On valentines day we went to universal studios we were all so excited to go Ray and I had never been there after all. So we had to do the famous photo spot and my husband asked some random guy to take the picture We posed and I looked over to do a kiss photo. Low and behold he was on his knee, and with a studderd will you marry me? I said yes!
                Quickly we began our temple divorce papers and began the praying it would be done. That didn’t work out the way we hoped but we did get married a short 4 months later almost to the day. He is the best husband and as I was trying to think of the perfect way to express that love a favorite country song came to mind so I thought I’d share….

"God Gave Me You"


I've been a walking heartache
I've made a mess of me
The person that I've been lately
Ain't who I wanna be

But you stay here right beside me
And watch as the storm blows through
And I need you

Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you
Gave me you

There's more here than what we're seeing
A divine conspiracy
That you, an angel lovely
Could somehow fall for me
You'll always be love's great martyr
And I'll be the flattered fool
And I need you
Yeah!

God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you

On my own I'm only
Half of what I could be
I can't do without you
We are stitched together
And what love has tethered
I pray we never undo

Cause God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
God gave me you for the ups and downs
God gave me you for the days of doubt
And for when I think I lost my way
There are no words here left to say, it's true
God gave me you, gave me you
He gave me you

2 comments:

  1. You know I had to comment on this, because you didn't mention I'm vain. :-)
    You also didn't mention how you were shaking your head "no" while I was trying to spit out those four words. But you ARE beautiful and the most amazing wife, mother, and friend. You are truly a gift to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it! So glad you found happiness you deserve! Enjoy it and always be there for eachother!

    ReplyDelete