Friday, September 12, 2014

Yep. . .I'm thinking Christmas!

With this baby due this winter I know I'm not going to have much energy or time to putting Christmas together after. Slowly I've been working on putting many of the diy projects that are on my Christmas bucket list this year. As I've been working on these I came across these pics of one of our last year projects. We found the idea for this one in a magazine my mother in-law got in the mail.
Yep those are hand prints. We found the bulbs at Walmart. We had bigger ones for the adults and small ones for the kids. We started by painting the kid's hands white. Holding the child's hand in your hand have another adult place the bottom of the bulb on the palm of the child's hand. Then if its an older child have them grab the bulb. For my 1 year old we placed his fingers on the bulb since grabbing it turned it more into a glop then a hand print. Hang the bulbs to dry. Once they dry, we painted each finger to look like a snowman. Or snow elephant in my sons case.
The kids prints where so much fun, especially the younger ones who's fingers wiggled while hand printing the bulb. We even got a snow pelican out of one of them, and in the above picture you can see the snowman snow boarding.
I love hand print crafts and these turned out absolutely gorgeous. What hand print/ foot print crafts have you done? I'd love to here all about yours! :)

This year for Christmas we are doing something with hand print and foot prints for Grandparents gifts since I know some of them will read this I'm just going to leave it at that but stay tune after Christmas for a tutorial and pictures!

Thanks for stopping by! :) Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment