Monday, August 25, 2014

Shark party!

Okay so truth is we did this for a family jaws marathon, but it would be a great shark birthday party or a great shark week party! So here are all the crazy ideas i came up with...
So basically it was everything i could think of, we also did hamburgers and used a cookie cutter and cut them into sharks with plenty of blood (ketchup) :) 
This is the watermelon cut out in fun shark shapes you can buy them here or we bought them for a few dollars cheaper at a local baking store (orson gygi in Utah)


Ok and this is blue jello in cups with blue dyed whip cream and drowning teddy grams with lifesaver gummies. we also added gummy sharks to the jello.


Probably the easiest thing on the table, its just white cheese cut like shark teeth.


As part of the display i used my ceramic bowls that seemed to be the perfect size. oh and those Twinkies in the background have a blue raspberry filling (weirdest Twinkies ever!) 


This is super simple it is red punch with blue punch ice cubes in shark fin shapes. You can buy them here, we found it at an aquarium and spent even more on it sadly.


My oldest son said the cake need to be red inside so we made a cherry cake with my favorite icing and favorite homemade white chocolate marshmallow fondant!
My youngest son really loves the fondant

Basically this was something I had been planning sense I found out i was getting married. See my oldest (step) son is a huge fan of Jaws and sense I had seen none of them I promised to watch them all. Well sense I don't do anything super low key... I began thinking and hunting for fun ideas, along side of wedding planning, and doing the single mom thing. So over all considering the craziness that was going on during the planning i think this shark theme party rocked it!

<3 Melanie

3 comments:

  1. That was so cool, and the food tasted good. The party was a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO fun and clever. I'm seriously impressed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!! Loved every one of those ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete